Thursday, July 31, 2008

Her Wedding or the Camping

note: it's a long post with so many details I want to remember .. so if u feel u will get bored skip reading it :D

So we have been planning for this camping trip (Petra-wadi rum- Aqaba) since like a year ago .... we wanted every body to be in, and the best timing is in summer (when most of the action happens) because 80 % of my family live abroad .... it's not about the places; we've been there tens of times but the people who matters ... 23 guys and girls .... brothers & sisters, nephews and nieces , cousins haven't been seen long time ago ... a wonderful group not easy to gather every year at the same time .... it should be amazing and unforgettable moments ... 25-26 of July was the date ....

Oh wait my best friend's wedding !!!!! is it on 24th or 25th ?!!!! OH god !!!! this can't be .... I called her immediately to make sure of the date but I got relieved; it was on Thursday 24th .... al7amdolellah now we can arrange for every thing, it will be just on time .....

a week before the awaiting date my cousin surprised us .... she will be having an exam on Saturday 26th so she can't be with us and this is unacceptable !!! what should we do ? we have to be all together !! her mother called another agency to arrange a trip just for us on 24-25/July .... but wait ! what about my friend's wedding .... and here it comes !!
Asma u r comparing an exam with a wedding !! the wedding is just 2-4 hours and ur friend won't even notice ur presence, come on !!
but she is MY BEST FRIEND !!!

ok she will be leaving after the wedding ... after a while she will forgive u !!
I actually started to think about it ! going to her wedding and leaving all this group having fun and so many will not go if I am not going !! so I will be ruining everything !

but she is my best friend we know each other since first year in university, it’s like 8 years !! ... we were inseparable !! even after we graduated we were meeting regularly, calling talking about everything !!! SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND !!! and we can't postpone the whole thing others have plans ...

Oh god what should I do !!! ok I will be fair we will see both agencies and one of us should sacrifice ….

we went to the agency 2 days before the specific date to see if everything is going well .....I am sorry guys we might not leave on Thursday the 24th because we don’t have enough passengers but we r sure about 25th ...... again we can be 100 % sure about that tomorrow morning ....

my heart started jumping at that moment …. but hey she is my auntie’s friend so I have to hide my joy .... plz do ur best and we will be waiting ..... I know she is my cousin but we would have canceled the whole thing or leaving without her !!!
the next day my friend (the one getting married) called me (and she doesn't know that I might not go) so Asma u r coming to the saloon with me ?!! plz do (yaa 7abebee i might not go to the wedding and she is asking about the saloon !!)
sweetie I will do my best but no one else is going with u ?
My sister, maybe but I need u to be with me !!

OK I will do my best but I am not promising u !! (my sister was laughing Oh god what if u told her u might not go to the wedding !!) Ok i don't want to even think about that !!

what an amazing moment when I knew an hour later that we can't leave on 24th and it's not my fault ... we would love to have our cousin with us (yaa 7araam we all told her the same thing !! u've been in Italy last week so live with it :D ) I couldn't believe that I can go to the wedding and be in the camping it's just unbelievable!!

My friend called me again the next day before she went to the saloon ... so Asma r u coming !! Yes sweetie but I don't have the car now maybe I'll meet u there at 4 !

but No I want u to be there with me all the time !!!
Ok really I can't come from Alyadodeh to 5th circle by taxi !!!! I will come by the car ... try to see if anyone can be with u till I get there .....
10 min later .... no one will be there ! and i don't want anybody it has to be u !!! (I know she loves me so much and she wants me to be with her at that time more than anything but also it's for her own good to have me because she knows for sure that I won't let her out from the saloon unless i make sure she is perfect ... I can't keep my mouth shot if I see something i don't like) so now I will be complaining ! I will do anything to be with her she's leaving to Australia after the wedding and I don't know when i will be able to see her again ! (how am i gonna live with this) ok 7abebtee i'll be there on time ...thanx to my brother who gave me a ride and i was there on time ! yaa allah the smile on her face when she saw me it meant the world to me ... she was so much worried, tensed & scared....

relax sweetie everything will be just fine just relax ... she will be veiled in her wedding because it is mixed wedding ... it's a big decision because not every body can design it in nice way and if I were her i would be freaking scared .... I tried to talk about different things to make her comfortable and relaxed .... Girl u r beautiful with and without Hijab and what ever u do u will be amazing and it's not because I am ur friend i promise u ... u will be amazing .... well i guess the saloon will not welcome me ever again after that because I drove them crazy i was standing next to her during the make up ... if i went to set for a second she just kept looking at me is the make up enough ? Am I beautiful !! u look great

after that it's time for butting the veil !! Oh this is gonna be hard .... but I interfere in all the details .... the girl putting her the scarf was about to kick me but seriously after she finished she simply was astonishing ... I swore to god every body was saying maa sha' allah and she was the most beautiful bride in the saloon ..... does it look good ? am i beautiful !! i know u don't lie and say the truth !! Ok I wouldn't let u out unless u r breath taking .... and u r sweetie!!! i told her about the trip and how she wouldn't care if i wasn't there but she said if it was somebody else maybe but u !! it wasn't an excuse for u not to come .... i would never forgive if u didn't come !! :D

from that moment and during my presence in her house until the weeding was over she kept thanking me over and over and looking for me in the wedding the whole time .... I wasn't waiting for a thank u i was very happy that she is happy and looking amazing but at the same time i was crying from inside ... life won't be the same not having her around .... u can have such friend once in life time

I was happy he called me after i got home i needed to talk to somebody I tried my best not to cry at the wedding but i did cry when i hared his voice i couldn't help it ....she will be calling u and u will be talking to her all the time - actually he was happy- now i can get aLL ur attention just for me !! how can u think this way ?!!

don't be sad it's life and u should be happy for her where ever she is ....
I am happy for her and wish her all the best ... I am happy because she is with the man she loves and we'll always be best friends ...... wish u the best Yaryooosh

Same night 2 am and we r leaving to Petra in 4 hours ... no sleeping ! every body was getting ready making sandwiches and soft drinks .... taking cloths because we r sleeping in wadi rum .... so much excitement ... our house was full (the perfect place to gather because it's the biggest and closest to the airport street) ..... we were trying to make every body quiet not; talking at the same time (people r sleeping !!)

5 cars left waiting for the bus and here the adventure started ....
we headed to Petra and we were sleeping all the way .... when we got there we walked through alseeq to alkhazneh although we wanted to reach al Deer but no enough time .... we sat for a while ... sang looool we were very funny ... took some pictures and then went to a hotel for lunch .... after that we went to wadi rum ... walked around .... put our luggage in the tents (it was fun) ... some of us slept ..... and others like my self kept watching the sun set .....
at night we were in groups some r playing cards and others r having argeleh and some r just talking .... we had to go to our tents at 1 am (they turned the light off) but hyee we don't want to sleep !!! so we sat next to our tents under the moon light but kept playing hide and seek and talking; of course they came hundreds of times begging us to lower our voices (others r sleeping) .... we tried but sometimes we just couldn't :D ..... the sky was amazing all the stars mixed with the mountains .....

Finally we slept .... but it was an amazing night .....
We had to wake up early at 7:30 , of course my cousin did a great job ..... we followed her around wadi rum just to kill her .... she was screaming Qumoooooooo Walkooom bekafffeee noooom (wake up wake up)
we had breakfast and headed to Aqaba ..... we were not very excited about visiting Aqaba we were afraid from the hot weather ....

the moment we reached there it was boiling but after we got to the beach Oh god it was amazing .... they were having nice program so we can go shopping and swim also watch the sun set in a marine trip .....

We have to leave now .... we stopped to eat AGAIN;i was sleepy most of the time in the bus so I had to take something to wake me up .... I never tried Espresso coffee so it's time ..... no one encouraged me to ..... u won't be able to close ur eyes (well this is what I want) and it will hurt ur stomach .... ok I will give it a try ..... I had Espresso and went to the bus .... we were singing and laughing in the bus but after 15 minutes i didn't feel anything i was sleeeepppiiinnnngggg ..... was that decaf. espresso !!! I forced my self to wake up .... Asma few hours and we will be home i can sleep later these r precious moments ... wake up .... so it was laughing and talking the whole time .......
we all get to our house happy; all taking at the same time ..... we made dinner for every body ..... and then they all left .... I took a shower and talked to no body just went to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

during the trip we were all taking pictures so when we gathered them all they were like 1015 pictures .... each one telling a story and a situation .....
for me those 3 days were unforgettable and i will always remember them in my heart ....

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya 7abibti ya simsim.. i miss you so much!

SimSim said...

suhad: tell me did u read it all ? :D

I miss u 2 yaa 3omreee :hug: 3o2ball maa adeer balee 3alekee b3orsek

Anonymous said...

yup i read the whole thing sweetie.. teslameeli ya rab :)

Anonymous said...

Oh simsim ,,,,
mabroook for yur friend :)
w jad shy 7elo ennek kunti ma3aha b 3ors-ha ,,
6aib did she read ur post ???

SimSim said...

Suhad: :hug:

Razan: allah ybarek fekee sweetie .... and sure she didn't !!! it has been just a week :D she is in the honey moon now :P but i am sure she will in sha2 allah

Jood said...

I read it :yai:
I read it :yai:
and enoyed it! I remembered the time we made a trip like this but not really like this it was only to ba7r el mayet o ma kan feha noom, bs the gathering thing that counts.
mabrook to ur friend!

SimSim said...

Jood: I am soo happy that u read it alll :D

next time u really have to try this one it's amazing but get as much people as u can :D

and allah ybarek fekee sweetie

Amjad Wadi said...

Nice picture .. I did not finished reading as you recommended :-) .. You did the right decision .. you could make both of them :-)

SimSim said...

amjad: ahlaaaaaaaan walla nawar el blog :D zamaan 3annak :D

it is an amazing picture ... one of a thousand :D
and I am very happy i managed to do both ... thanx amjad

ĐàŋdŎöŅёH said...

when i read the wedding part 3anjad badani ash3ar ,i missed my Best friend's 5otbeh and i really was pissed off that day ,but booked my flight from now to her wedding day ,i imagined myself and her while reading your words cause she asked me to sleep over at her house the night before her wedding .. !!

and about the trip thing u r soo lucky to have such a family and visiting great sights like petra and rum ..
i really enjoyed reading it ..

Maher said...

thisss was long indeed! loool en7awalte lol

btw, ana sarle more than 10 years in Jordan, o i never been to Petra :(

SimSim said...

Dandooneh: U should spend as much time as u can with her because it will be amazing and u will never forget such moments ....

thank u sweetie :hug:

SimSim said...

Maher: elmohem u read it all :D

before I visited petra they told me that when I go there once i will never want to go there again but really till now I've been there like 10 times and I enjoy it every time

so u have to go :D bas 3albarad a7sa :P